TwistedBrush is a program for artists that can be downloaded for free from diakov.net. It is equipped with a wide variety of drawing tools, from paints to crayons and pencils. The interface of TwistedBrush bears little resemblance to other editors, although it provides all the necessary features: working with the clipboard, zooming and, of course, drawing. Moreover, there is only one drawing tool – a brush, but the quantity (more than 3000 pieces !!!) and the quality of presets for drawing, as well as the variety of shapes and adjustability of sizes and colors allow a person who is not particularly gifted with artistic talents to depict what that – perhaps more accurately and efficiently, of course – a professional working in another editor would probably draw for more than one hour.
The drawing system itself comes down to manipulating various brushes, which allow both to depict specific drawing tools: pencils, artist’s brushes, etc., and to create certain effects, such as: smoke, fire, wind, fog, water, and even create some 3d objects with shadows and futuristic fractals. You have the ability to mix oil paints, use spray guns, and draw sketches. With these tools, you can depict almost anything. You can also add effects to images: their number is not so impressive – “only” a few dozen, which is also quite a lot, although TwistedBrush is certainly inferior to Photoshop and Ulead PhotoImpact in this area. The difference is that the main purpose of the last two programs is image processing, whereas in TwistedBrush, the emphasis is on making them simple, even for an absolute beginner, but powerful in its capabilities. The page interface of the program is somewhat unusual, but you get used to it very quickly.
• Layers and Transparency: TwistedBrush fully supports layer transparency and with all the standard layer blending modes, plus many unique blending modes.
• Extended mask support. Magic wand with a wide range of possibilities for creating masks, the ability to draw your own masks.
• Cloning: With the clone brushes included in TwistedBrush Pro Studio, you can do all the standard touchup photo cloning or convert your photos into a painting or drawing.
• Vellum allows you to see another image below the current image when using a clone brush or just a guide to aspect ratio and layout.
• Image formats. In addition to the specific TwistedBrush formage file, TBR, all leading standard image formats are supported including JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, PSD, BMP, PCD, WMF and EMF.
• Graphics tablet support: WTH supports graphics tablet with high sampling accuracy and pressure sensitivity.
• Powerful Brush engine: perhaps the most powerful graphical brush editor. A single system with flexibility and performance to mimic natural full media brushes, complex blending operations.
• Guides from over 40 image drawing guides. From simple meshes and mesh snaps to complex 3D perspectives.
• 64-bit images: internally full 64 bits of color information to achieve incredible blending.
• Image processing: more than 150 image processing filters, tools to work with your photos.
• Lua Scrpt Filters: TwistedBrush extends the standard additional methods for programmers to create even more filters to share with the TwistedBrush user base.
• Extensive toolset: Color Picker, Cleanup Brush, Selection, Crop, Move, Line, Rectangle, Ellipse, Fill, Gradients, Rectangle Mask, Ellipse Mask, Wand Mask, Image Warp, Script Brush, Copy Tool, Paste Tool, Text , rotate the brush, guides, and adjust the Brush tool.
• Color Palettes: Large selection of color palettes, including dynamic color palettes and blending palettes.
OS: Windows 7/8/10/11 Download TwistedBrush Pro Studio 26.01 (41.3 MB):
Download TwistedBrush Pro Studio 26.01 Portable (51.7 MB):