FileMenu Tools customizes the Windows Explorer context menu items, allowing you to create a list of the necessary commands yourself. With a single click, you can rename, copy, move, delete files, launch programs you want, copy a selection to the clipboard, launch a virus scanner, open Internet links, and much more.
The program allows you to set the order of menu items, divide them into groups, create submenus with the necessary items, use commands from a predefined set, or add your own commands with additional parameters. Another distinctive feature of this program is the ability to manage menu items that were created when installing other programs, as well as quick editing of the “send” menu.
Predefined set of commands and utilities:
• Command line from here
• Copy name
• Copy path
• Register dll
• Unregister dll
• Attributes (selection menu)
• Copy to folder…
• Move to folder…
• Extract from folder
• Shred files …
• Delete bypassing Trash
• Delete empty folders…
• Delete locked Files
• Split file into parts (utility)
• Collect file parts
• Move to new folder
• Copy path as Internet address
• Copy file contents (text only)
• Paste clipboard to file (text only)
• Find and replace… (text only) (utility)
• Advanced delete… (utility)
• Create new folder
• Send by email/mail
• Create symbolic link.. •
Run with options… (utility)
• Synchronize… (utility)
• Copy UNC path
• Change date…(file changes) (utility)
• Change Folder Icon… (utility)
• Advanced Rename… (utility)
• Folder Content Size… (utility)
• Calculate and Check Checksum…
• Select Items… (XP)
• Customize FileMenu Tools …
• (New) (Windows 11 only) There was a problem with third party file managers where the new Windows 11 context menu is not supported and the commands of FileMenu Tools were not displayed in the classic context menu. You had manually uncheck “Show the commands of FileMenu Tools in the new Win11 context menu” in order to see the commands in the classic context menu. For this reason now the commands are displayed in both menus by default, and a new option has been added in the Settings window to choose in which context menu the commands of FileMenu Tools will be displayed: configure individually for each command, in both menus, only in the new Windows 11 context menu, or only in the classic menu.
• (New) (Windows 11 only) The “Show in context menu” property of each command has been modified in order to configure whether the menu should be displayed in both menus, only in the new Windows 11 context menu or only in the classic menu. This can only be changed if the option “Configure individually for each command” has been chosen in the global configuration.
• (New) Custom commands: added a button in the “Element Types” property to show a profiles window. This lets you save and load the values of this property (file extensions, specific folders, etc) for most used element types, for example: Audio files, Video files, Binary files. If you set a default profile, then this profile will be loaded when you add new custom commands.
• (New) Organize Into Folders: now you can use regular expressions to make a replacement in the pattern.
• (Fixed) (Windows 11 only) In some circumstances the commands in the new Windows 11 context menu were not being invoked.
OS: Windows 11/10/8/7 Download FileMenu Tools 8.1.0 (11.5 MB):
Download portable program FileMenu Tools 8.1.0 (21.8 MB):